DEVON HOUSE One hundred years ago, less than 10 miles east of Philadelphia, the tiny town of Tavistock was incorporated within the historic Borough of Haddonfield to legalize Sunday golfing. Now, a century later, one of the 3 homes in this bucolic town is being offered for sale. Devon House is a stately 1929 stone manor that has been expertly renovated and meticulously refined into an unforgettable residence that blends comforting charm with sleek sophistication. With over 8,600 SF, 5 bedrooms and 6 full and 3 half baths, life at Devon House can be as grand or as casual as desired. Comfortable furnishings, gracious appointments and unique antiques blend with all of todayâs modern conveniences. Every day feels like you are on holiday as you enjoy the tranquility in a multitude of sunny spots and shady retreats. Beautiful views of the golf course are framed by the many windows and patios. When you enter through the stone columns onto the designer paving stone, circular driveway, you are greeted by the Tavy River fountain, built from stone imported from Tavistock, England, flanked by meticulously landscaped gardens and terraces graced with water features This estate also offers a separate service entrance, heated spacious 3-car garage and greenhouse. Amenities include formal and family foyers, curved-staircase, elevator, custom kitchen complete with commercial European appliances surrounded by hand painted walls and loads of custom cabinetry. A morning room for family dining with entertainment bar sits adjacent to a spacious patio with stunning views of the golf course. The intimate formal dining room is complete with pocket doors that define this regal room. The Sun room is a grand multi-function space, a perfect spot to enjoy a fine cigar, and features a custom ventilation system. The natatorium features a sparkling lap swimming pool, hot spa and steam bath. The spa is enclosed in an exquisite Machin conservatory imported from England. This room includes a shower, powder room and access to the elevator. Enjoy high tea relaxing in front of the fireplace in the Tea Room, a special space steeped in British tradition, a formal living room and study both with fireplaces. The Pub Room takes its inspiration from an elite London club with a fifteen-foot carved mahogany wet bar, antique historical pool table, movie theater, 6,000 plus bottle climate-controlled wine cellar, exquisite details and finishes throughout. Descend the spiral staircase from the Sunroom or opt to greet guests at the âSpeak-easyâ entrance from a private patio. There are many other gathering and relaxing spaces that are immaculately appointed. The upstairs offers over 3,900SF of living space including a master suite oasis which includes an extra- large sleeping chamber, his and hers luxury bathrooms with remote controlled fireplaces, his and her walk-in closets, sitting room with fireplace, exercise/yoga studio, study and elevator to the indoor/ spa and lower levels. There are 2 additional bedroom suites, a Guest / In-law Suite and a 5th bedroom. The Devon House is convenient to Haddonfieldâs downtown shopping, restaurants and award-winning schools. Only minutes from Rte. 295 with easy access to Center City Philadelphia, the NJ Turnpike and the AC Expressway. Donât miss the opportunity to be part of this exclusive town and country club lifestyle.
Single Family, Single Family-Detached, Traditional, 2+ Story
7 Full/3 Half
Public Water Service
Block, Stone, Wood Siding
8,637 sq. ft
Yes - 3 spaces
HADDONFIELD MEMORIAL H.S.
Detailed Room Information
- Den/Study, Inlaw Suite, Kitchen, Laundry Room, Living Room, Sitting Room, Sun Room, Exercise Room, Media, Florida Room, Breakfast Room
- Dining Area, Formal
- Butler Pantry, Gourmet Kitchen
- Bath Description
- Stall Shower, Whirlpool Bath
- Microwave, Range-Oven, Cook Top Range, Dishwasher, Disposal, Dryer, Gas Dryer, Ice Maker, Wall Oven, Gas Range/Cooktop, Refrigerator, Electric Range/Cooktop, Central Vacuum, Water Treatment System, Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Hardwood, Ceramic Tile, Other
- Central Air, Electric, A/C - Other, Ceiling Fan(s)
- Gas Heat, Hot Water. Radiant, Forced Air.
- Greenhouse Window, Insulated
- 5. Gas Burning, Insert, Mantle, Marble, Wood-burning.
- Elevator, Other.
- Monitor System, Security System, Alarm -Smoke/Fire
- Additional Interior Features
- Bar, Breakfast Area, Crown Molding, Curved Stair, Elevator, Sprinkler System, Walk-in Closets, Window Treatment, wine storage, Wood Floors, Fire Alarm System, 9Ft+ Ceilings, Vaulted, Tray
Exterior / Lot Features
- 3 Garage Spaces. Brick Driveway.
- Wood, Stone
- Undergound Lawn Sprinkler
- Composition Shingle
- Heated Spa, Indoor
- Lot View
- Lot Dimensions
- 0.00 x 0.00
- Additional Exterior/Lot Features
- Exterior Lighting, Flood Lights, Street Lights, Fountain, Landscaped, Back Yard, Side Yard. Irregular, Landscaping, Rear Yard, Sideyard(S).
Active Market Trends
Median list price
Days On Market
Properties For Sale
Sold Market Trends
Median sold price
Median Sq. Ft. Price